Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Zesty Chicken with Corn Salsa

I got this recipe from eatbetteramerica.com. I used the whole can of kidney beans not just 1/2 cup and I also used a regular size can of corn. Who has ever seen a 7 oz can of corn? not me :) This was a really fast, simple recipe and it tasted delicious! Josh thinks next time I make it he might grate some cheddar cheese to put on top but still told me I could make the recipe once a week and he'd still happily eat it. Zach ate all the veggies but I think the chicken may have had too much chili powder for him so maybe if your feeding children cut back a little on the chili powder.

Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:30 min
makes:4 servings
2teaspoons chili powder
2teaspoons brown sugar
1teaspoon ground cumin
4boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
2tablespoons olive oil
1can (7 oz) Green Giant® whole kernel sweet corn, drained
1/2small red bell pepper, chopped
1/2small cucumber, seeded and chopped
1/2cup red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
3tablespoons lime juice
1/4

teaspoon salt

1.

In cup, combine chili powder, brown sugar and cumin. Rub both sides of chicken breasts with the spice mixture.
2.In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken in hot oil 12 minutes, turning occasionally, or until instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest portion reads 160°F and juices run clear.
3.Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together corn, red pepper, cucumber, kidney beans, lime juice and salt.
4.Evenly divide corn salsa onto 4 plates. Top each with a chicken breast.

No comments:

Post a Comment