Monday, January 31, 2011

Beef & Brown Sugar Enchiladas

This is a recipe from The Recipe Club! Super yummy recipes over there!!
1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1 can black refried beans
1 can red enchilada sauce, divided
1/3 cup brown sugar-- or to taste
1/2 tsp. onion powder
2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
10-12 flour tortillas
Brown ground beef in a large pan. Drain off fat & add refried beans, 1/2 of the enchilada sauce, brown sugar & onion powder. Mix well & bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
Fill one tortilla with about 1/4 of a cup of filling & 2 Tbsp. cheese. Roll up & place in a 9x13 pan. Repeat process until pan is full. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over prepared enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve with sour cream, chopped tomatoes, sliced olives, diced onions, shredded lettuce, avocado or guacamole.
Alright, my enchiladas stuck to the bottom of my pan a little so next time I think I'll spray it with pam or put down a little extra sauce. It calls for 1 can of enchilada sauce and I bought 2 of the 12 or 15 ounce size cans. (I already threw them away, sorry!) I used one can in the meat mixture and one can on top of the rolled tortillas. I think it could have used one more can of sauce on top! We like things saucy:) This was really good and it made up really fast! I used the mild enchilada sauce but it could definitely handle the medium if your kids don't mind the spice.

No comments:

Post a Comment