Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pineapple Chicken Tacos


About a year ago my friend Rachel posted on her facebook what she had made for their dinner. It sounded so good I immediately posted asking her to send me the recipe. It's been a favorite since! I use fresh pineapple when available and pre-chop everything then add it all at once. We like to add a few extras like: tomatoes, avocado, cheese, fresh tortillas and sour cream.

Ingredients:
1 large lime
1 can crushed pineapple (drained)
1 red pepper and 1 orange
1 small onion
1 bag flour tortillas
*2-4 boneless chicken breasts cut into strips (I usually use 2, but it depends on how many people you are making it for)
Jamaican Jerk seasoning (I couldn't find it except through pampered chef so I used Caribbean Jerk)
Salt/Pepper

Slice chicken and cook in skillet with a little extra virgin olive oil add a little S/P and squeeze lime over chicken. While it's cooking slice peppers and onion into thin slices add seasoning. Once chicken is cooked add peppers/onions let simmer. Once they look cooked through add pineapple.
To serve: Heat tortillas in microwave to soften and spoon in mixture. Wrap up and enjoy!
*I like to cook the chicken ahead of time, dice and add.

Start to finish it takes me maybe 15-20 min. It's nice to have something so yummy on a day that you don't have a lot of time to cook dinner. I hope you like it, it's one of my favorites.


1 comment:

  1. Yay, Ashley!! First blog!! It looks really yummy! I'm excited for this blog!

    ReplyDelete