Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Chicken with Zucchini (crock pot)

So I didn't take a picture but this recipe was pretty tasty and easy.  I downloaded the Kindle Book 35 Slow-Cooker Chicken Recipes by Jean Pardue (mostly because it was free) and tonight I tried this recipe.  I like to have paper copies of my recipes and you can't exactly print from a Kindle book, or at least I don't know how to so I was planning on typing it out so I could print it and decided to put it on the never used blog.

Ingredients:
2-3 boneless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 cup four
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 pound zucchini, cut into thin slices
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 (4 oz) can mushrooms, drained

Directions:
Sprinkle seasoned salt over chicken.
Mix flour, salt, pepper, cheese and paprika and coat mixture over chicken.
Put zucchini in bottom of slow cooker.  Pour chicken on top.
Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender.
Add mushrooms and turn to high.  Cook for an additional 15-20 minutes.  (I know most people don't like mushrooms and these could definitely be omitted and still be tasty but my whole family loves mushrooms)

No comments:

Post a Comment